How to complain about a credit union, building society or mutual bank




When you can't get your service provider to address your complaint, Complaintline helps with how to complain and get results


Your building society will most likely be a member of the Credit & Investments Ombudsman (CIO).


It may be a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).


Each of these Ombudsman schemes is able to deal with a wide range of complaints about credit union activities including disputed ATM transactions and unauthorised transactions via EFTPOS or credit cards.


Ask your building society or call the schemes to find out which one can help you.


Relevant codes of practice


















Complaintline has been run as a community service since 2000. Every effort is made to ensure that the information on this website is correct. Complaintline will not accept any responsibility for information which is inadvertently incorrect and/or where action has been taken as a result of the information on this site or any site it links to. More


Copyright 2000-2020 Complaintline (a Scott Concepts initiative)